NECESSARY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
NACA requires the following personal characteristics and professional experiences:
- Communication: Works effectively with Members and NACA staff with ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing - with the utmost sensitivity to confidentiality and a "need to know" work ethic. Is an educator who appropriately persuades and influences, and who readily shares information or knowledge needed by others.
- Organizational Skills: Able to prioritize, schedule and handle a fast-paced, challenging workload. Keeps multiple tasks moving toward completion including working with tickler lists and other electronic reporting and tracking mechanisms.
- Professional Skills: Detail oriented and well organized, ability to work under pressure, ability to work independently with only general supervision, and strong problem-solving skills. Understanding of his/her own strengths and weaknesses as well as when to seek assistance.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates professionalism internally and externally. Adheres to direction as presented by management, performs all job duties as assigned, adjusts to changes on short notice, works diligently to achieve goals, takes responsibility for own actions/work product, and implements plans for self-improvement.
- Customer Service: Provides effective solutions and follow-up with Members and others. Has a highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction, as well as strong interpersonal skills, to provide top-level customer focused services at all times. Able to understand, anticipate and address customer needs and handle customer concerns in a sensitive and professional manner.
- Time Management: Arrives ready to work at the scheduled hour, uses time effectively, does not procrastinate or avoids tasks, and completes assigned duties within specified time limits in an accurate manner.
- Positive Leadership: Leads and influences others by example. Takes pride in his/her job, open to new ideas, and demonstrates a "can do" attitude particularly when challenged by obstacles. Creates and supports a positive work environment.
- Computer Skills: Strong data entry and typing skills with ability to work with NACA's software to accurately complete documentation and data entry for efficient and paperless counseling.
- Mission Driven: Energy and enthusiasm for NACA's mission of affordable home ownership for all, addressing mortgage discrimination and fighting for economic justice. Willing and able to participate in NACA's aggressive advocacy campaigns and activities.