SALARY RANGE: Based on experience
LOCATION: Boston, MA
CONTACT: HR Department : [email protected]; Website: www.naca.com
BENEFITS: Excellent single/family health, vision and dental, and 70% employer contribution and 401(k)
NACA is the country’s largest HUD approved non-profit homeownership, housing counseling, and advocacy organization with more than three million Members and 47 offices nationwide. NACA has established a proven track record over three decades, not only earning respect for its operations but also becoming feared by predatory lenders. NACA’s reputation is built on being the most effective organization in the country at providing affordable homeownership. NACA has been on the forefront of fighting against abusive and discriminatory lending practices over the past thirty years. NACA is aggressively hiring hardworking, relentless, and dedicated individuals who are willing and eager to fight for economic justice and racial equality. NACA provides unprecedented opportunities for its staff to do well financially by doing good.
Founded in 1988, NACA has won campaigns against some of the country’s most powerful companies and individuals engaged in predatory and discriminatory lending. NACA’s success is a result of its relentless confrontational advocacy as well as state of the art systems and operations. NACA’s purchase program provides comprehensive counseling as the largest HUD approved housing counseling agency (through its Neighborhood Stabilization Corporation subsidiary) with access to NACA’s Best in America mortgage, requiring no down payment, no closing costs, no mortgage insurance, no need for perfect credit, and always at a below-market, fixed interest rate. NACA has more than $20 billion in mortgage commitments from Bank of America and other major lenders to fund this extraordinary mortgage. NACA is also the most effective organization in providing affordable solutions to homeowners with an unaffordable mortgage and has done so for more than 500,000 at-risk homeowners nationwide through its HomeSave program.
Built on this unprecedented track record of success, NACA is rapidly expanding across the country and is hiring hardworking, dedicated, exceptional new employees. NACA continues its aggressive advocacy in fighting for economic justice for low to moderate income and people of color. NACA continues to fight for economic justice by addressing the racial wealth disparity gap and other issues. Employees at NACA have a tremendous impact on the Members and communities they serve. For more information about NACA or its history and programs, visit www.naca.com.
Advocacy in Support of NACA’s Mission:
Employment with NACA requires ongoing participation in NACA’s advocacy, outreach, community organizing, and other activities as determined by NACA. NACA Counselors must support and actively promote NACA’s tactics and mission of fighting for economic justice including participation in NACA’s aggressive advocacy campaigns and other activities. This is also important in expanding NACA’s Best in America Mortgage, homeownership, and other programs. While these activities are crucial for NACA’s continued success, they may reduce the available time for NACA Counselor’s to work with their Members and impact their Performance Pay compensation in the short term. These activities contribute to long term production as they contribute towards awareness in the community of NACA’s product and services.
The H.R Director is responsible for establishing and maintaining policies and procedures as well as implementation of the following operations. This includes managing staff overseeing these activities and engage in hands-on activities:
General Human Resource Activities:
- Ensure all NACA personnel policies are implemented and adhered to.
- Address employee grievances and complaints.
- Maintain historical human resource records.
- Conduct exit interviews to identify company issues and retain productive staff.
- Conduct investigations, maintain records, and represent the organization at hearings.
- Revise and maintain written human resource policies and procedures.
- Ensure all human resource functions are in accordance with applicable federal and state legal and regulatory requirements and standards (e.g., EEO, ADA, OSHA, Fair Labor, etc.). Review compliance reports for 401K and Section 125.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
Recruiting & Staffing:
- Manages NACA’s recruiting program, policies, and procedures.
- Keeps NACA up-to-date on best recruiting practices.
- Identifies and implements various options in outreach for candidates.
- Develops a strong network of employer resource services and participates in job and/or college job fair activities.
- Create and maintain job descriptions and requirements for all positions.
- Conducts interviews.
- Identify staff vacancies and staffing needs on an on-going basis including discussions of personnel needs with department heads.
- Evaluate and recommend salary ranges based on responsibilities, outcomes, markets and NACA’s overall compensation policies.
- Manages employee reviews and evaluation process.
- Develops evaluation guidelines for all departments with structured salary increases and/or bonuses.
- Coordinates Performance Evaluation System in ADP or other NACA programs.
- Assists supervisors in personnel management and disciplinary procedures.
- Manage progressive disciplinary actions.
- Ensure and conduct disciplinary actions in a timely manner and with sensitivity for confidentiality purposes.
- Implement terminations including termination letters, termination meeting, and related documentation.
- Oversee and administer all employee and benefit programs, workers compensation, disability, and unemployment insurance.
- Study and evaluate benefit programs, assess benefit needs and trends, analyze fees, renewals, and recommend benefit changes and expansion to the CEO.
- Assist with the processing of benefit claims including employee deductions.
- Design and conduct educational programs on benefit programs.
- Maintain relationships with vendors and employees on all benefit offerings.
- Enroll and terminate employees for the different benefits including coordination of annual enrollment and communication concerning benefits.
- Implement and oversee COBRA process and benefits.
- Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier.
- Coordinate with staff attorneys on accidents, unemployment and workers’ compensation claims and responses.
Human Resources Systems (i.e. HRIS):
- Maintain and update data and management electronic systems.
- Knowledge of ADP
- Adhere to privacy and other regulatory regulations as they apply to these systems.
Training (depending on applicant’s qualifications and organizational structure):
Manage and administer the training of new and existing NACA staff provided by NACA Trainers. This also includes providing training for non-NACA staff.
- Directs clerical functions such as updating records and managing personnel files.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing tasks and activities as needed.
- Identifies and addresses other staff and work issues.
- Provides leaderships, participants and assists in national and local advocacy campaigns.
- Other duties as assigned.
The H.R. Director must be able to meet the demands of the job that consists of 55+ hours a week. This is a very demanding leadership position requiring tremendous dedication and the willingness and ability to work long hours including evenings and weekends. Some national travel is expected.
Il s'agit d'un poste exonéré avec un salaire basé sur l'expérience, les compétences, les performances et les certifications. L'évaluation des performances et la rémunération future du candidat sont largement basées sur le respect des responsabilités, des compétences et des compétences professionnelles énoncées dans les présentes.
CORE COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
S/he is expected to have all of the following personal characteristics and professional experiences:
- la communication: Works effectively with Members and NACA staff with ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing – with the utmost sensitivity to confidentiality and a “need to know” work ethic. Is an educator who appropriately persuades and influences, and who readily shares information or knowledge needed by others.
- Organizational Skills: Able to prioritize, schedule and handle a fast-paced, challenging workload. Keeps multiple tasks moving toward completion including working with tickler lists and other electronic reporting and tracking mechanisms.
- Professional Skills: Detail oriented and well organized, ability to work under pressure, ability to work independently with only general supervision, and strong problem-solving skills. Understanding of his/her own strengths and weaknesses as well as when to seek assistance.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates professionalism internally and externally. Adheres to direction as presented by management, performs all job duties as assigned, adjusts to changes on short notice, works diligently to achieve goals, takes responsibility for own actions/work product, and implements plans for self-improvement.
- Customer Service: Provides effective solutions and follow-up with Members and others. Has a highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction, as well as strong interpersonal skills, to provide top-level customer focused services at all times. Able to understand, anticipate and address customer needs and handle customer concerns in a sensitive and professional manner.
- Time Management: Arrives ready to work at the scheduled hour, uses time effectively, does not procrastinate or avoids tasks, and completes assigned duties within specified time limits in an accurate manner.
- Positive Leadership: Leads and influences others by example. Takes pride in his/her job, open to new ideas, and demonstrates a “can do” attitude particularly when challenged by obstacles. Creates and supports a positive work environment.
- Computer Skills: Strong data entry and typing skills with ability to work with NACA’s software to accurately complete documentation and data entry for efficient and paperless counseling.
- Mission Driven: Energy and enthusiasm for NACA’s mission of affordable home ownership for all, addressing mortgage discrimination and fighting for economic justice. Willing and able to participate in NACA’s aggressive advocacy campaigns and activities.
NACA seeks leaders with a positive attitude, a strong work ethic, relentless commitment to success with attention to detail, and ability to meet aggressive deadlines and ambitious goals. S/he is expected to have a high level of core competencies and skills included in one’s personal characteristics and professional experiences in the following areas: communication, organizational skills, professional skills, professionalism, customer service, time management, positive leadership, computer skills and being mission driven.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Baccalauréat – Obligatoire.
- Master in Human Resources – Preferred.
- PHR/SPHR/SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Certification designation – Required.
- Certifications, formations et licences démontrant des connaissances et des références importantes – Préférable.
- Seven (7+) years of human resources experience, including: significant experience successfully managing the human resource functions of large employer(s) operating in multiple locations.
- Four (4+) years of supervisory experience managing a significant human resources team.
- Three (3+) years of recruiting experience.
- Significant compliance or benefit administration experience.
- Expérience dans le secteur hypothécaire et/ou à but non lucratif utile, mais pas obligatoire.
PROCESSUS DE DEMANDE:
Les candidats doivent remplir la demande à www.naca.com. NACA is an equal opportunity employer. Minority and bilingual individuals, particularly those who speak and write in Spanish, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Pour le suivi et pour les demandes de renseignements concernant ce poste et d'autres, contactez le service des ressources humaines de la NACA à l'adresse [email protected] or call 617-250-6222.
This job description is solely for descriptive purposes with NACA reserving the right to make unilateral changes to this job description including the compensation for all staff or on an individual basis. NACA may also change the compensation during campaigns, activities and events at its discretion. This does not constitute a contract for employment. Nothing herein shall limit NACA in its sole discretion from terminating an HRD for any reason or no reason with employment on an “at-will” basis.