COMPENSATION: Hourly $25-$32 Based on Experience
LOCATION: Boston, MA (preferred)
CONTACT: [email protected]
BENEFITS: Comprehensive package: single/family health, vision, dental, 401(k) and more
The focus of this position is on recruiting. This involves working to bring quality candidates to the organization. The NACA Recruiter will be required to source candidates, screen applicants, schedule interviews, and oversee the entire hiring process. S/he would be a contributor in growing the organization by hiring solid and experienced professionals who will play a key role in the organization as we move forward and continue to grow. NACA’s recruiting activities will grow markedly as it launches multi-state initiatives focused on student debt, criminal justice and economic justice issues.
NACA is looking for a very driven, motivated individual with a passion for promoting NACA’s mission and ongoing initiatives and actions which requires the organization to be fully staff with dedicated individuals. The ideal candidate is an energetic experience recruiter and detail oriented professional with a background in talent acquisition.
Built on this unprecedented track record of success, NACA is rapidly expanding across the country and is hiring hardworking, dedicated, exceptional new employees. NACA continues its aggressive advocacy in fighting for economic justice for low to moderate income and people of color. NACA continues to fight for economic justice by addressing the racial wealth disparity gap and other issues. Employees at NACA have a tremendous impact on the Members and communities they serve. For more information about NACA or its history and programs, visit www.naca.com.
NACA is the country’s largest HUD approved non-profit homeownership, housing counseling, and advocacy organization with more than three million Members and 47 offices nationwide. NACA has established a proven track record over three decades, not only earning respect for its operations but also becoming feared by predatory lenders. NACA’s reputation is built on being the most effective organization in the country at providing affordable homeownership. NACA has been on the forefront of fighting against abusive and discriminatory lending practices over the past thirty years. NACA is aggressively hiring hardworking, relentless, and dedicated individuals who are willing and eager to fight for economic justice and racial equality. NACA provides unprecedented opportunities for its staff to do well financially by doing good.
Founded in 1988, NACA has won campaigns against some of the country’s most powerful companies and individuals engaged in predatory and discriminatory lending. NACA’s success is a result of its relentless confrontational advocacy as well as state of the art systems and operations. NACA’s purchase program provides comprehensive counseling as the largest HUD approved housing counseling agency (through its Neighborhood Stabilization Corporation subsidiary) with access to NACA’s Best in America mortgage, requiring no down payment, no closing costs, no mortgage insurance, no need for perfect credit, and always at a below-market, fixed interest rate. NACA has more than $20 billion in mortgage commitments from Bank of America and other major lenders to fund this extraordinary mortgage. NACA is also the most effective organization in providing affordable solutions to homeowners with an unaffordable mortgage and has done so for more than 500,000 at-risk homeowners nationwide through its HomeSave program.
Advocacy in Support of NACA’s Mission:
Employment with NACA requires ongoing participation in NACA’s advocacy, outreach, community organizing, and other activities as determined by NACA. Counselors need to support and actively promote the organization’s mission, tactics, and advocacy. Such participation in and support of NACA’s aggressive advocacy campaigns and other activities is important in advocating for economic justice and expanding NACA’s Best in America Mortgage and homeownership program.
A successful candidate will be responsible for recruitment including but not limited to:
- Manage and implement all recruiting tasks.
- Oversee the hiring process and making necessary modifications.
- Enlist job postings on forums which can source new candidates at the time of hiring such as newspapers, social media, advertising, etc.
- Source candidates for recruitment.
- Analyze job’s requirements and objectives before publishing the posting.
- Regularly updating job descriptions and requirements.
- Ensure all the best recruiting equipment, software and practices are being used in the process.
- Conduct interviews and tests of the applicants to filter them further and advance them to the next level relevant to their job posting.
- Collaborating with HR and management on the recruitment process.
- Present reports on recruitment and analyses the status of recruitment practices regularly to the team and management.
- Network and build contacts to source candidates for current and future positions.
The Recruiter must be able to meet the demands of the job that consists of 40+ hours a week. This is a demanding position requiring dedication and the willingness and ability to work flexible hours depending on the flows of the demand at a particular moment or season.
The salary is based on experience and skills directly related to this position such as experience and an in depth understanding of all recruiting platforms. The candidate’s performance evaluation and future compensation is largely based on meeting and exceeding the Job Responsibilities and other job tasks.
NACA seeks leaders with a positive and open attitude, a strong work ethic and relentless commitment to success with attention to detail and ability to meet aggressive deadlines and ambitious goals. S/he is expected to have a high level of core competencies and skills included in one’s personal characteristics and professional experiences in the following areas: communication, organizational skills, professional skills, professionalism, customer service, time management, positive leadership, computer skills and being mission-driven. The Core Competencies & Skills are described in detail at www.naca.com.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Baccalauréat – Obligatoire.
- Training and certifications that demonstrate important knowledge and credentials – Preferred.
Bien que toutes les expériences et compétences ci-dessous ne soient pas requises, plus le candidat les possède, plus la candidature est solide.
- Experience as a talent acquisition and recruiter.
- Experience with grass roots and boots on the ground recruiting.
- Extensive contacts and solid working relationships with local and recruiting agencies.
- Extensive contacts and solid working relationships with community organizations and local newspapers, and local radio.
- Experience in navigating various online resources to acquire new talent.
- Knowledge of all online recruiting resources.
- Solides compétences interpersonnelles avec la capacité de créer des messages personnalisés pour différents publics.
- Une présence personnelle crédible et engageante.
- Volonté de penser de manière entrepreneuriale et créative.
- Expérience dans le secteur hypothécaire et/ou à but non lucratif utile, mais pas obligatoire.
- La capacité d'écrire et de parler des langues autres que l'anglais, en particulier l'espagnol, est un plus.
PROCESSUS DE DEMANDE:
Les candidats doivent remplir la demande à www.naca.com.
NACA is an equal opportunity employer. Minority and bilingual individuals, particularly those who speak and write in Spanish, as well as second change applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. To follow-up and for inquiries regarding this and other positions contact NACA’s HR Department at [email protected] ou appeler 617-250-6222.
This job description is solely for descriptive purposes with NACA reserving the right to make unilateral changes to this job description including the compensation for all staff or on an individual basis. This does not constitute a contract for employment. Nothing herein shall limit NACA in its sole discretion from terminating an employee for any reason or no reason with employment on an “at-will” basis.