Digital and social media is crucial to increase NACA’s presence, improve its online reputation and customer service, and encourage participation in NACA advocacy. This is an opportunity to utilize your creative talents and develop leadership skills while having an immediate impact on the future of this mission-driven organization.
NACA is looking for a creative individual with a passion for creating compelling digital content and cultivating a wide audience through various media platforms. This individual will be influential in both developing and utilizing marketing assets to help engage NACA membership and shape the public image of the organization. The individual will highlight and publicize the good work that NACA does, while at the same time making sure the best possible customer service and information is provided to low- and moderate-income participants.
Overall job responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with NACA leadership to develop and execute a strategy that enhances NACA’s online presence and advance its mission
- Increase participation and foster online engagement of NACA across social media channels and NACA’s website and forums
- Contribute to printed materials and publications, including workbooks, presentations, blog posts, press releases, marketing assets, and social media
- Oversee and reinforce the consistency of NACA branding, design and messaging
- Development of brand awareness and online reputation
- Content management
Day-to-day activities include:
- Create compelling content that reaches NACA’s target customers and audience
- Develop and maintain digital content and communication (images, video and written)
- Observe and answer to users while promoting participation
- Develop and increase outreach efforts through online and digital media
- Oversee and participate in design efforts across digital platforms and media
- Create and manage targeted promotions and campaigns
- Manage efforts in building online reputation
- Monitor and respond to online reviews and messages
- Analyze key metrics and adjust strategy as needed
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree – Required.
- Advanced degree – Preferred.
- Educational background in communications, business, new media or public relations – Preferred
- Training and certifications that demonstrate important knowledge and credentials – Preferred
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- All experience levels are encouraged to apply. Experience in these areas is a plus: sourcing and managing content development, publishing, digital marketing, photo/video editing and production.
- Experience in developing social media content for elected officials, is a plus.
- Able to effectively communicate information and ideas in both written and video format.
- Skilled at photo and video production, editing and cataloging. A specialization in photo and/or video content creation is highly desirable.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Demonstrated creativity and documented immersion in social media.
- Familiarity with SEO and online/digital marketing.
- Ability to write and speak languages other than English, particularly Spanish, is a plus.
NACA seeks leaders with a positive and open attitude, a strong work ethic and relentless commitment to success with attention to detail. Refer to Core Competencies & Skills for details.
Headquarters – Boston Massachusetts
The Digital and Social Media Coordinator must be able to meet the demands of the job that consists of 55+ hours a week. This is a demanding position requiring dedication and the willingness and ability to work long hours including evenings and weekends. Extensive national travel is required.
Based on experience, skills, degrees and certifications.
Comprehensive package: single/family health, vision, dental, 401(k) and more.
To follow-up and for inquiries regarding this and other positions contact NACA’s HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-250-6222 ext. 1221.
NACA is an equal opportunity employer and provides second chance opportunities. Minorities and bilingual people, particularly those who speak Spanish, are strongly encouraged to apply.
This job description is solely for descriptive purposes and does not constitute a contract for employment.