The IT Help Desk Technician (“ITC”) role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish their business tasks.
- 1. Operational Management
- Receive system help requests from end users and follow through to final resolution according to priority and escalation of task
- Ability to apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting system problems
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Knowledgeable of software and hardware used and supported by NACA
- Install and upgrade software and hardware system features, implement backups and configures systems and applications
- Perform preventative maintenance on workstations, printers and peripherals
- 2. Strategy and Planning
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems
- 3. Effective Communication
- Speak and listen effectively
- Effective written and oral communication
- Complete reports as needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Perform all other job duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Undergraduate degree with concentration in Computer Science
- 3-5 years of equivalent work experience in the IT area
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware, including Desktop and Laptop PCs
- 1-2 years of experience with server operating systems
- 1-2 years of experience with application support experience with Internet Explorer, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Microsoft office
- 3-5 years of working experiences with programming languages such as: PHP, ASP, and basic SQL structure
- Must be willing to Advocate
- Must be willing to travel
NACA seeks leaders with a positive and open attitude, a strong work ethic and relentless commitment to success with attention to detail. Refer to Core Competencies & Skills for details.
Headquarters – Boston Massachusetts
The IT Help Desk Technician must be able to meet the demands of the job that consists of 50+ hours a week.
The salary range is $45,000 – $60,000+ based on experience, skills of the candidate, and other factors.
Comprehensive package: single/family health, vision, dental, 401(k) and more.
To follow-up and for inquiries regarding this and other positions contact NACA’s HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-250-6222 ext. 1221.
NACA is an equal opportunity employer and provides second chance opportunities. Minorities and bilingual people, particularly those who speak Spanish, are strongly encouraged to apply.
This job description is solely for descriptive purposes and does not constitute a contract for employment.