The duties of a Software Engineering Analyst are broad, and they must be able to recognize the importance of basic computer programming in addition to high-level software development. The Software Engineering Analyst must be able to easily understand and translate management ideas into computer code. He/she would work directly with the lead software developer.
The Software Engineering Analyst is primarily responsible for maintaining the reliability and functionality of software applications by performing updates, fixes, and maintenance as required; the Software Engineering Analyst also assists with all Software Engineering functions, including but not limited to: troubleshooting, bug fixing, and user education, instructing employees in the proper use of software applications. Additionally, the Software Engineering Analyst participates in special projects that include development, testing, roll outs, implementations, training, and user satisfaction.
- Convert management ideas and designs into computer code as well as test the code to ensure that it produces the expected results
- Write software applications in a variety of computer languages, such as Java, C, C++, C#, and/or .NET Programming
- Update and enhance existing software applications
- Debug software applications by testing for and fixing errors
- Manages the day-to-day operations of NACA’s software applications by monitoring performance, configuration, maintenance, and repair
- Applies revisions to NACA’s software applications.
- Develops new software applications implementation plans, custom scripts, and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability.
- Train NACA staff in proper use of new software developed and/or acquired.
- Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical software applications
- Stays current with technological developments in systems support technology and recommends ways for NACA to take advantage of new technology.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree – Required.
- Graduate Degree – Preferred.
- Training and certifications that demonstrate important knowledge and credentials – Preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year for year basis. Three years’ work experience in complex systems design, programming and systems software and support.
- This person must be able to perform in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required, including a calm courteous telephone demeanor.
- Knowledge of: Programming languages and operating systems; current equipment and technologies in use; effective project management techniques; principles and practices of effective management and supervision.
- Ability to: Plan, organize and document complex software development activities and to update existing software applications to be consistent with institutional policies/procedures; communicate technical/complex information both verbally and in writing; establish and maintain cooperation, understanding, trust and credibility; perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to emergency situations effectively.
- Strong technical skills.
- Energy and enthusiasm for NACA’s mission of community advocacy, neighborhood stabilization and addressing mortgage discrimination.
- Ability to take direction.
- Detail oriented and well organized.
- Problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently with only general supervision.
- Adheres to direction from National Management.
- Ability to work well as a team player.
NACA seeks leaders with a positive and open attitude, a strong work ethic and relentless commitment to success with attention to detail. Refer to Core Competencies & Skills for details.
Headquarters – Boston Massachusetts
The Software Engineering Analyst must be able to meet the demands of the job that consists of 55+ hours a week.
This is an exempt position with salary based on experience, skills and certifications.
Comprehensive package: single/family health, vision, dental, 401(k) and more.
To follow-up and for inquiries regarding this and other positions contact NACA’s HR Department at email@example.com or call 617-250-6222 ext. 1221.
NACA is an equal opportunity employer and provides second chance opportunities. Minorities and bilingual people, particularly those who speak Spanish, are strongly encouraged to apply.
This job description is solely for descriptive purposes and does not constitute a contract for employment.