The Training Mentor (“TM”) is primarily responsible for providing coaching and one-on-one training to newly hired Counselors working remotely or onsite, and to support all training efforts of the Training Department. The TM will work closely with the Training Director and Training Instructors on all aspects of the training process, assisting with the development, and integration of various training programs. The TM also acts as a liaison with existing staff, new hires and out-of-network counselors from HUD approved housing counseling agencies. The TM’s duties include, but are not limited to the following: Coordinating the one-on-one mentoring schedule for all new hires; working closely with local and regional management to ensure the new hire’s calendars have been booked adequately for their first week after training and all appointments are confirmed for their upcoming sessions, assisting with New-Hire onboarding and confirming receipt of materials readiness for training, mentoring the first few weeks of counseling sessions provide immediate and ongoing feedback to ensure the new hires have a solid understanding of the purchase process, program product and are comfortable navigating Lynx and conducting effective counseling sessions and works closely with them after they have successfully completed their training curriculum to ensure they learn to utilize their resources including the AYS line, the daily and weekly escalation meetings, and their policies and procedures to ensure they have a solid understanding of the counseling and qualification process and work daily towards working independently with little supervision from their Office Director and/or Regional Director. The TM will also be responsible for providing a detailed summary of each Counselors current level of proficiency, strengths, and areas for improvement when they are released to work independently.
Overall job responsibilities include:
- Assist in the development of training programs (outsourced and/or in-house)
- Assist with new employee orientation and ensure new hires have, equipment, materials, computer access necessary for New Hire Training.
- Coordinate one-on-one mentoring schedule for all new hires
- Coordinate with the Office Director/Administrator to ensure that the calendar for new Counselors is sufficiently filled to facilitate them completing sessions
- Understand various training methods or activities (e.g. simulations, mentoring, on-the-job training, professional development classes).
- Prepares and distributes welcome emails, syllabus, workbooks, manuals, course objectives and course agendas.
- Prepares and order sample files to be used during training sessions.
- Conduct training needs assessment and identify skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed.
- Stay up to date on new training methods and techniques.
- Order and distribute educational aids and materials.
- Assess instructional effectiveness and determine the impact of training on employee skills.
- Gather feedback from trainee’ after each educational session.
- Track and maintain updated curriculum database and training records.
- Manage and maintain in-house training facilities and equipment.
- Research and recommend new training methods.
- Periodically audits the training database to ensure accuracy of information.
- Arrange travel, meetings, conference calls, video conferences.
- Produce accurate and timely documents and correspondence under tight time constraints.
- Assists with the development and maintenance of policies, procedures and guidelines that support the functional area.
- Monitors and stays current with functional procedural, administrative and system changes to ensure training and policies/procedures are consistent.
- Maintains records of all training programs and people taught.
- Perform internet and other research to support training related activities.
- Assume ownership or share responsibility for planning, organizing and executing projects.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- B.A. or B.S. – Preferred
- High School Graduate or Equivalency – Required
- Completion of NACA’s training with high passing score – Within three months of employment
- Licensed Mortgage Loan Originator – Highly Preferred
- HUD Certified – Highly Preferred, otherwise within three months of employment.
- Real estate courses – Highly Preferred
At least two years demonstrating some or all of the following:
- One or more years or more of training or mentoring experience.
- Two years or more working as a NACA Counselor or Housing Counselor.
- Strong computer skills.
- Mortgage brokerage, origination, processing and/or counseling.
- Real Estate brokerage experience and/or knowledge.
- Mortgage Loan Origination license(s) in assigned state
- HUD Certified
NACA seeks leaders with a positive and open attitude, a strong work ethic and relentless commitment to success with attention to detail. Refer to Core Competencies & Skills for details.
Must be able to meet the demands of the job that consists of 55+ hours a week as an exempt employee.
Salary range from $55,000 to $70,000 depending on experience, skills and other factors.
Comprehensive package: single/family health, vision, dental, 401(k) and more.
To follow-up and for inquiries regarding this and other positions contact NACA’s HR Department at email@example.com or call 617-250-6222 ext. 1221.
NACA is an equal opportunity employer and provides second chance opportunities. Minorities and bilingual people, particularly those who speak Spanish, are strongly encouraged to apply.
This job description is solely for descriptive purposes and does not constitute a contract for employment.