SALARY RANGE: Based on experience
LOCATION: Boston, MA
CONTACT: HR Department : [email protected]; Website: www.naca.com
BENEFITS: Excellent single/family health, vision and dental, and 70% employer contribution and 401(k)
NACA is the country’s largest HUD approved non-profit homeownership, housing counseling, and advocacy organization with more than three million Members and 47 offices nationwide. NACA has established a proven track record over three decades, not only earning respect for its operations but also becoming feared by predatory lenders. NACA’s reputation is built on being the most effective organization in the country at providing affordable homeownership. NACA has been on the forefront of fighting against abusive and discriminatory lending practices over the past thirty years. NACA is aggressively hiring hardworking, relentless, and dedicated individuals who are willing and eager to fight for economic justice and racial equality. NACA provides unprecedented opportunities for its staff to do well financially by doing good.
Fundada em 1988, a NACA venceu campanhas contra algumas das empresas e indivíduos mais poderosos do país envolvidos em empréstimos predatórios e discriminatórios. O sucesso da NACA é resultado de sua incansável defesa de confronto, bem como de sistemas e operações de última geração. O programa de compra da NACA fornece aconselhamento abrangente como a maior agência de aconselhamento habitacional aprovada pelo HUD (através de sua subsidiária Neighborhood Stabilization Corporation) com acesso à melhor hipoteca da NACA na América, sem necessidade de pagamento inicial, sem custos de fechamento, sem seguro de hipoteca, sem necessidade de crédito perfeito, e sempre a uma taxa de juros fixa abaixo do mercado. A NACA tem mais de $20 bilhões em compromissos hipotecários do Bank of America e outros grandes credores para financiar esta extraordinária hipoteca. A NACA também é a organização mais eficaz no fornecimento de soluções acessíveis para proprietários de imóveis com hipotecas inacessíveis e já o fez para mais de 500.000 proprietários de imóveis em risco em todo o país por meio de seu programa HomeSave.
Com base nesse histórico de sucesso sem precedentes, a NACA está se expandindo rapidamente em todo o país e está contratando novos funcionários excepcionais, dedicados e esforçados. A NACA continua sua defesa agressiva na luta por justiça econômica para pessoas de baixa e moderada renda e pessoas de cor. A NACA continua a lutar pela justiça econômica, abordando a disparidade racial de riqueza e outras questões. Os funcionários da NACA têm um tremendo impacto nos membros e nas comunidades que atendem. Para obter mais informações sobre a NACA ou sua história e programas, visite www.naca.com.
Advocacy in Support of NACA’s Mission:
Employment with NACA requires ongoing participation in NACA’s advocacy, outreach, community organizing, and other activities as determined by NACA. NACA Counselors must support and actively promote NACA’s tactics and mission of fighting for economic justice including participation in NACA’s aggressive advocacy campaigns and other activities. This is also important in expanding NACA’s Best in America Mortgage, homeownership, and other programs. While these activities are crucial for NACA’s continued success, they may reduce the available time for NACA Counselor’s to work with their Members and impact their Performance Pay compensation in the short term. These activities contribute to long term production as they contribute towards awareness in the community of NACA’s product and services.
RESPONSABILIDADES DO TRABALHO:
The H.R Director is responsible for establishing and maintaining policies and procedures as well as implementation of the following operations. This includes managing staff overseeing these activities and engage in hands-on activities:
General Human Resource Activities:
- Ensure all NACA personnel policies are implemented and adhered to.
- Address employee grievances and complaints.
- Maintain historical human resource records.
- Conduct exit interviews to identify company issues and retain productive staff.
- Conduct investigations, maintain records, and represent the organization at hearings.
- Revise and maintain written human resource policies and procedures.
- Ensure all human resource functions are in accordance with applicable federal and state legal and regulatory requirements and standards (e.g., EEO, ADA, OSHA, Fair Labor, etc.). Review compliance reports for 401K and Section 125.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
Recruiting & Staffing:
- Manages NACA’s recruiting program, policies, and procedures.
- Keeps NACA up-to-date on best recruiting practices.
- Identifies and implements various options in outreach for candidates.
- Develops a strong network of employer resource services and participates in job and/or college job fair activities.
- Create and maintain job descriptions and requirements for all positions.
- Conducts interviews.
- Identify staff vacancies and staffing needs on an on-going basis including discussions of personnel needs with department heads.
- Evaluate and recommend salary ranges based on responsibilities, outcomes, markets and NACA’s overall compensation policies.
- Manages employee reviews and evaluation process.
- Develops evaluation guidelines for all departments with structured salary increases and/or bonuses.
- Coordinates Performance Evaluation System in ADP or other NACA programs.
- Assists supervisors in personnel management and disciplinary procedures.
- Manage progressive disciplinary actions.
- Ensure and conduct disciplinary actions in a timely manner and with sensitivity for confidentiality purposes.
- Implement terminations including termination letters, termination meeting, and related documentation.
- Oversee and administer all employee and benefit programs, workers compensation, disability, and unemployment insurance.
- Study and evaluate benefit programs, assess benefit needs and trends, analyze fees, renewals, and recommend benefit changes and expansion to the CEO.
- Assist with the processing of benefit claims including employee deductions.
- Design and conduct educational programs on benefit programs.
- Maintain relationships with vendors and employees on all benefit offerings.
- Enroll and terminate employees for the different benefits including coordination of annual enrollment and communication concerning benefits.
- Implement and oversee COBRA process and benefits.
- Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier.
- Coordinate with staff attorneys on accidents, unemployment and workers’ compensation claims and responses.
Human Resources Systems (i.e. HRIS):
- Maintain and update data and management electronic systems.
- Knowledge of ADP
- Adhere to privacy and other regulatory regulations as they apply to these systems.
Training (depending on applicant’s qualifications and organizational structure):
Manage and administer the training of new and existing NACA staff provided by NACA Trainers. This also includes providing training for non-NACA staff.
- Directs clerical functions such as updating records and managing personnel files.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing tasks and activities as needed.
- Identifies and addresses other staff and work issues.
- Provides leaderships, participants and assists in national and local advocacy campaigns.
- Outras funções conforme atribuídas.
DEMANDAS DE TEMPO:
The H.R. Director must be able to meet the demands of the job that consists of 55+ hours a week. This is a very demanding leadership position requiring tremendous dedication and the willingness and ability to work long hours including evenings and weekends. Some national travel is expected.
Esta é uma posição isenta com salário baseado na experiência, habilidades, desempenho e certificações. A avaliação de desempenho do candidato e a remuneração futura se baseiam amplamente no cumprimento das Responsabilidades do Trabalho, Competências e Habilidades aqui declaradas.
CORE COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
S/he is expected to have all of the following personal characteristics and professional experiences:
- Comunicação: Works effectively with Members and NACA staff with ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing – with the utmost sensitivity to confidentiality and a “need to know” work ethic. Is an educator who appropriately persuades and influences, and who readily shares information or knowledge needed by others.
- Organizational Skills: Able to prioritize, schedule and handle a fast-paced, challenging workload. Keeps multiple tasks moving toward completion including working with tickler lists and other electronic reporting and tracking mechanisms.
- Professional Skills: Detail oriented and well organized, ability to work under pressure, ability to work independently with only general supervision, and strong problem-solving skills. Understanding of his/her own strengths and weaknesses as well as when to seek assistance.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates professionalism internally and externally. Adheres to direction as presented by management, performs all job duties as assigned, adjusts to changes on short notice, works diligently to achieve goals, takes responsibility for own actions/work product, and implements plans for self-improvement.
- Customer Service: Provides effective solutions and follow-up with Members and others. Has a highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction, as well as strong interpersonal skills, to provide top-level customer focused services at all times. Able to understand, anticipate and address customer needs and handle customer concerns in a sensitive and professional manner.
- Time Management: Arrives ready to work at the scheduled hour, uses time effectively, does not procrastinate or avoids tasks, and completes assigned duties within specified time limits in an accurate manner.
- Positive Leadership: Leads and influences others by example. Takes pride in his/her job, open to new ideas, and demonstrates a “can do” attitude particularly when challenged by obstacles. Creates and supports a positive work environment.
- Computer Skills: Strong data entry and typing skills with ability to work with NACA’s software to accurately complete documentation and data entry for efficient and paperless counseling.
- Mission Driven: Energy and enthusiasm for NACA’s mission of affordable home ownership for all, addressing mortgage discrimination and fighting for economic justice. Willing and able to participate in NACA’s aggressive advocacy campaigns and activities.
QUALIFICAÇÕES DE TRABALHO:
NACA seeks leaders with a positive attitude, a strong work ethic, relentless commitment to success with attention to detail, and ability to meet aggressive deadlines and ambitious goals. S/he is expected to have a high level of core competencies and skills included in one’s personal characteristics and professional experiences in the following areas: communication, organizational skills, professional skills, professionalism, customer service, time management, positive leadership, computer skills and being mission driven.
EDUCAÇÃO E CERTIFICAÇÕES:
- Bacharelado - Obrigatório.
- Master in Human Resources – Preferred.
- PHR/SPHR/SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Certification designation – Required.
- Certificações, treinamento e licenças que demonstram conhecimentos e credenciais importantes - Preferencial.
- Seven (7+) years of human resources experience, including: significant experience successfully managing the human resource functions of large employer(s) operating in multiple locations.
- Four (4+) years of supervisory experience managing a significant human resources team.
- Three (3+) years of recruiting experience.
- Significant compliance or benefit administration experience.
- Experiência na indústria de hipotecas e / ou sem fins lucrativos útil, mas não obrigatória.
PROCESSO DE APLICAÇÃO:
Os candidatos devem preencher o formulário em www.naca.com. NACA is an equal opportunity employer. Minority and bilingual individuals, particularly those who speak and write in Spanish, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Para fazer o acompanhamento e para perguntas sobre este e outros cargos, entre em contato com o Departamento de RH da NACA em [email protected] or call 617-250-6222.
This job description is solely for descriptive purposes with NACA reserving the right to make unilateral changes to this job description including the compensation for all staff or on an individual basis. NACA may also change the compensation during campaigns, activities and events at its discretion. This does not constitute a contract for employment. Nothing herein shall limit NACA in its sole discretion from terminating an HRD for any reason or no reason with employment on an “at-will” basis.