SALARY RANGE: $25/hr. – $35+/hr. based on experience
LOCATION: NACA Headquarters – Boston, MA
CONTACT: [email protected]
BENEFITS: Excellent single/family health, vision and dental PPO, 70% employer contribution and 401(k)
IT HELP DESK TECHNICIAN
The duties of Help Desk Technicians are broad, and they must be able to recognize the importance of basic administrative functions in addition to higher level support responsibilities. The Help Desk Technician must be able to easily understand and translate end user problems into technical language and vice versa.
The Help Desk Technician is the first line of technical support, acting as the liaison between the IT team and the internal staff. Primary responsibilities are maintaining the function and reliability of desktop hardware and software systems by performing repairs, upgrades, installs, and patches as required. The Help Desk Technician may also assist with various support functions, including but not limited to, troubleshooting, maintenance, and training staff in the proper use of company hardware and software. Additionally, the Help Desk Technician participates in special projects and work plans that include testing, rollouts, implementations, and imaging. Customer service skills are essential to ensure a positive experience with team members and staff.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of NACA’s desktop computers by monitoring system performance, updating configurations, maintenance, and repairs.
- Receive system help requests from end users and follow through to final resolution according to priority and escalation of task.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting system problems
- Install and upgrade software and hardware system features, implement backups and configure systems and applications.
- Perform preventative maintenance on workstations, printers and peripherals.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Ensures that IT assets and equipment are documented and inventoried.
- Applies updates to system firmware and software.
- Develops new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts, and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability.
- Trains NACA staff in the proper use of new software and hardware.
- Guide or provide work direction to technical or contract staff.
- Performs troubleshooting as required.
- Leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors, support personnel, and other organizations.
- Establishes, maintains, and manages user accounts.
- Drafts guidelines and methods for the installation and management of client operating systems.
- Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of staff systems.
- Develops procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use.
- Develops processes, programs, and documentation for backup and restoration of host operating systems and host-based applications.
- Develops and coordinates project implementations that maximize benefits while minimizing downtime.
- Utilizes tools, procedures, and training sessions to assist Client Support and Systems Development staff as needed.
- Stays current with technological developments in systems support technology and recommends ways for NACA to take advantage of innovative technologies.
- Positions in this category may perform all or some of the responsibilities above, and other related duties as assigned.
Other Activities and Requirements
- Assist in outreach activities focused on low- and moderate-income communities, churches, job sites, events, etc.
- Participate in regular trainings.
- Participate in NACA events and campaigns.
Advocacy in Support of NACA’s Mission
Participate in advocacy campaigns as needed. NACA continues its aggressive advocacy in fighting for economic justice for low to moderate income and people of color by addressing the racial wealth disparity gap and other issues. Employment with NACA requires ongoing participation in NACA’s advocacy, campaigns, outreach, community organizing, and other activities as determined by NACA. This includes supporting and actively promoting NACA’s tactics and mission of fighting for economic justice. This is also important for NACA’s continued success and in expanding NACA’s purchase and other programs. NACA staff have a tremendous impact on the Members and communities they serve. For more information about NACA or its history and programs, visit www.naca.com.
The Help Desk Technician must be able to meet the demands of the job that consists of 50+ hours a week. This is a demanding position requiring dedication and the willingness and ability to work long hours including evenings and weekends. Some national travel is expected.
This is a non-exempt position with an hourly wage of between $25 – $30+ an hour based on experience & skills.
NACA 寻求具有积极和开放态度、强烈的职业道德和对成功的不懈承诺，注重细节并有能力满足紧迫的截止日期和雄心勃勃的目标的领导者。他/她应该在以下领域拥有高水平的核心能力和技能，包括个人特征和专业经验：沟通、组织技能、专业技能、专业精神、客户服务、时间管理、积极领导、计算机技能和以使命为导向。这 核心能力和技能 详细描述在 www.naca.com.
- 熟悉 NACA 使用和支持的软件和硬件
- Strong customer service skills.
- NACA 社区倡导、社区稳定和解决抵押贷款歧视的使命的能量和热情。
- Ability to speak languages other than English a plus.
- A degree in Computer Science or related discipline; or equivalent experience and/or Certifications.
- Minimum of three years of work experience in a complex desktop support environment as a primary support resource.
- Knowledge of computer hardware, including Desktop and Laptop PCs
- 1-2 年服务器操作系统经验
- 1-2 年的 Internet Explorer、Adobe Acrobat Reader 和 Microsoft Office 应用程序支持经验
- Knowledge of operating systems, current support technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance monitoring tools; effective task management techniques, principles, and practices.
- Ability to plan, organize, and document complex desktop environments and to configure systems to be consistent with institutional policies and procedures; communicate technical and complex information both verbally and in writing; establish and maintain cooperation, understanding, trust, and credibility; perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to emergency situations effectively.
NACA is an equal opportunity employer. Minority and those who speak and write in Spanish, as well as second change applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. To follow-up and for inquiries regarding this and other positions contact NACA’s HR Department at [email protected].
This job description is solely for descriptive purposes with NACA reserving the right to make unilateral changes to this job description. This does not constitute a contract for employment with employment at NACA on an “at-will” basis.
NACA is the preeminent non-profit homeownership and advocacy organization in the country. Founded in 1988, NACA has won campaigns against some of the country’s most powerful companies and individuals engaged in predatory and discriminatory lending. NACA’s success is a result of its relentless confrontational advocacy as well as state of the art systems and operations. NACA is well positioned for the future with more than $20 billion from major lenders, of which $15 billion is from Bank of America, to fund its extraordinary mortgage.
NACA has more than three million Members and 47 offices. NACA has established an outstanding record of success over four decades for its effective operations and aggressive advocacy against predatory and discriminatory lenders. NACA stands out in the following areas:
- Provides the best mortgage in America with no down payment, no closing costs, no fees, no mortgage insurance, at a below market fixed rate without consideration of one’s credit score;
- Is the largest and most effective HUD approved counseling organization;
- Has been on the forefront of fighting against abusive and discriminatory lending practices; and
- Saved more than 500,000 homeowners with an unaffordable mortgage from foreclosure during the mortgage crisis.