COMPENSATION: $60,000 – $75,000+
LOCATION: Remote or NACA Office. Headquarters – Boston, MA preferred
BENEFITS: Comprehensive: single/family health, vision, dental, 401(k) and more
NACA seeks to hire experienced and creative individuals to perform research in support of its advocacy efforts and other activities. NACA has a rich history of affecting transformative change in homeownership and ethical and just lending practices through advocacy and direct action. By identifying and uncovering information that will help mobilize communities across the country, research efforts are crucial to NACA’s success and its mission of fighting for issues of economic justice. The researcher supports NACA’s staff, members, supporters, impacted communities and others. The researcher will target both local and national issues and individuals. An important part of NACA’s advocacy and the researcher’s work is to identify personal information on an individual to hold him/her accountable.
NACA’s campaigns and advocacy efforts involve extensive research, targeted litigation, regulatory advocacy, legislation, ballot initiatives, and demonstrations and actions directed against individuals, corporations, and government entities that are on the wrong side of fair lending and economic justice issues. NACA’s advocacy approach is based on confrontational, aggressive direct action to confront the CEOs and decision makers where they live and socialize. Timely, effective research is crucial to the success of these campaigns and advocacy, by providing the factual “ammunition” for effective advocacy. In addition, in-depth research has positioned NACA as a go-to source for media and others wanting credible, accurate information on companies, individuals, and issues.
The Researcher generates information and data on corporations, industry, government entities, and individuals. S/he focuses on in-depth, tactical research to be used directly and immediately in exposés and campaigns, rather than research papers and studies. Much of the research will involve detailed investigations of individuals, including corporate executives, politicians, and others who make decisions that personally impact our Members and the lives of working people. The Researcher conducts background research into legal and regulatory issues, legislation, and other business and governmental subjects. In addition, the Researcher will organize NACA’s extensive volume of documents obtained over the past thirty years and do interviews with decision makers to develop manuscripts on NACA’s campaigns and history.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Identify, obtain, and use all available resources to conduct thorough research of campaign issues, individuals, companies, and other subject areas of NACA advocacy.
- Research and investigate individuals to obtain damaging information.
- Analyze company’s financials to identify vulnerabilities and comparisons.
- Work with Members and others to determine predatory, unethical or discriminatory practices.
- Work with community stakeholders and other organizations to develop information.
- Contact persons, borrowers, companies and others to execute investigations.
- Conduct secondary research through focused utilization of relevant third-party sources.
- Synthesize findings into digestible reports, summaries and talking points.
- Assist in the creation of press releases and statements fit for public release.
- Engage in the development of strategies and tactics for advocacy campaigns.
- Maintain a repository of research findings and related data.
- Facilitate and assist in advocacy campaigns.
Other Activities and Requirements
- Assist in outreach activities focused on low- and moderate-income communities, churches, job sites, events, etc.
- Participate in regular trainings.
- Participate in NACA events and campaigns.
Researcher must be able to meet the demands of the job that consists of 50+ hours a week. This is a demanding position requiring dedication and the willingness and ability to work long hours including evenings and weekends. Some national travel is expected.
The salary range is between $60,000 and $75,000+ based on experience, skills, degrees and certifications. The candidate’s performance evaluation and future compensation is largely based on meeting the Job Responsibilities, Competencies and Skills stated herein.
NACA 寻求具有积极和开放态度、强烈的职业道德和对成功的不懈承诺，注重细节并有能力满足紧迫的截止日期和雄心勃勃的目标的领导者。他/她应该在以下领域拥有高水平的核心能力和技能，包括个人特征和专业经验：沟通、组织技能、专业技能、专业精神、客户服务、时间管理、积极领导、计算机技能和以使命为导向。这 核心能力和技能 详细描述在 www.naca.com.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- 学士学位 - 必需。
- 研究生学位 - 首选。
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Experience in the field of corporate campaign research, academic research, investigations and/or financial analysis.
- A proven record of using strategic research for accomplishing campaign objectives and results.
- Experience using strategic research for accomplishing campaign objectives and targeting solutions to problems.
- Has strong attention to detail and relentlessness to pursue different paths in uncovering damaging and important information.
- A proven ability to create strategic research products that are concise, targeted, and bold.
- Problem-solving skills to develop solutions under pressure with ability to work independently with only general supervision and being receptive to change.
- Skilled communicator with impeccable writing skills as well as an ability to synthesize and translate complicated information into clear, compelling language.
- A willingness and commitment to participate in NACA’s aggressive advocacy, campaigns and activities.
NACA is an equal opportunity employer. Minority and bilingual individuals, particularly those who speak and write in Spanish, as well as second change applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. To follow-up and for inquiries regarding this and other positions contact NACA’s HR Department at [email protected].
This job description is solely for descriptive purposes with NACA reserving the right to make unilateral changes to this job description. This does not constitute a contract for employment with employment at NACA on an “at-will” basis.
NACA is the preeminent non-profit homeownership and advocacy organization in the country. Founded in 1988, NACA has won campaigns against some of the country’s most powerful companies and individuals engaged in predatory and discriminatory lending. NACA’s success is a result of its relentless confrontational advocacy as well as state of the art systems and operations. NACA is well positioned for the future with more than $20 billion from major lenders, of which $15 billion is from Bank of America, to fund its extraordinary mortgage.
NACA has more than three million Members and 47 offices. NACA has established an outstanding record of success over four decades for its effective operations and aggressive advocacy against predatory and discriminatory lenders. NACA stands out in the following areas:
- Provides the best mortgage in America with no down payment, no closing costs, no fees, no mortgage insurance, at a below market fixed rate without consideration of one’s credit score;
- Is the largest and most effective HUD approved counseling organization;
- Has been on the forefront of fighting against abusive and discriminatory lending practices; and
- Saved more than 500,000 homeowners with an unaffordable mortgage from foreclosure during the mortgage crisis.