NACA seeks to hire experienced and creative individuals to perform research in support of its advocacy efforts. NACA has a rich history of affecting transformative change in homeownership and ethical and just bank lending practices through advocacy and direct action. By identifying and uncovering information that will help mobilize communities across the country, research efforts are crucial to NACA’s success and its mission of fighting for issues of economic justice. The researchers support NACA’s community organizers, communications staff, members, supporters, and others. The research will target both local and national issues.
NACA’s campaigns and advocacy efforts involve extensive research, targeted litigation, regulatory advocacy, legislative and ballot initiatives, and demonstrations and actions directed against individuals, corporations, and government entities that are on the wrong side of fair lending and economic justice issues. NACA’s advocacy approach is based on confrontational, aggressive direct action to confront the CEOs and decision makers where they live and socialize. Timely, effective research is crucial to the success of these campaigns, by providing the factual “ammunition” for effective advocacy. Strong research has positioned NACA as a go-to source for media and others wanting credible, accurate information on companies, individuals, and issues.
Researchers generate information and data on corporations, industry, government entities, and individuals. They focus on in-depth, tactical research to be used directly and immediately in exposés and campaigns, rather than research papers and studies. Much of the research will involve detailed investigations of individuals, including corporate executives, politicians, and others who make decisions that personally impact our Members and the lives of working people. The department will conduct background research into legal and regulatory issues, legislation, and other business and governmental subjects. In addition, researchers will organize NACA’s extensive volume of documents obtained over the past thirty years and do interviews with decision makers to develop manuscripts on NACA’s campaigns and history.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Identify, obtain, and use all available resources to conduct thorough research of campaign issues, individuals, companies, and other subject areas of NACA advocacy.
- Research and investigate individuals to obtain damaging information.
- Analyze company’s financials to identify vulnerabilities and comparisons.
- Work with Members and others to determine predatory, unethical or discriminatory practices.
- Work with community stakeholders and other organizations to develop information.
- Contact persons, borrowers, companies and others to execute investigations.
- Conduct secondary research through focused utilization of relevant third-party sources.
- Synthesize findings into digestible reports, summaries and talking points.
- Assist in the creation of press releases and statements fit for public release.
- Engage in the development of strategies and tactics for advocacy campaigns.
- Maintain a repository of research findings and related data.
- Facilitate and assist in advocacy campaigns as necessary.
Exigences de temps
Researchers must be able to meet the demands of the job that consists of 50+ hours a week. This is a demanding position requiring dedication and the willingness and ability to work long hours including evenings and weekends. Some national travel is expected.
The salary range is between $40,000 and $65,000+ based on experience, skills, degrees and certifications. The candidate’s performance evaluation and future compensation is largely based on meeting the Job Responsibilities, Competencies and Skills stated herein.
NACA seeks leaders with a positive and open attitude, a strong work ethic and relentless commitment to success with attention to detail and ability to meet aggressive deadlines and ambitious goals. S/he is expected to have a high level of core competencies and skills included in one’s personal characteristics and professional experiences in the following areas: communication, organizational skills, professional skills, professionalism, customer service, time management, positive leadership, computer skills and being mission-driven. The Compétences et compétences de base sont décrits en détail sur www.naca.com.
Education & Certifications
- Baccalauréat – Obligatoire.
- Diplôme d'études supérieures - Préféré.
- Formation et certifications démontrant des connaissances et des références importantes - De préférence.
Experience & Skills
- Experience in the field of corporate campaign research, academic research, investigations and/or financial analysis.
- A proven record of using strategic research for accomplishing campaign objectives and results.
- Experience using strategic research for accomplishing campaign objectives and targeting solutions to problems.
- A proven ability to create strategic research products that are concise, targeted, and bold.
- Compréhension des médias imprimés, audiovisuels et en ligne et de l'intersection entre la recherche, les médias et les politiques.
- Problem-solving skills to develop solutions under pressure with ability to work independently with only general supervision and being receptive to change.
- Skilled communicator with impeccable writing skills as well as an ability to synthesize and translate complicated information into clear, compelling language.
- Capacité à penser de manière critique, à prendre des décisions et à justifier des recommandations basées sur des données et des analyses. Volonté de penser de manière entrepreneuriale et créative.
- A willingness and commitment to participate in NACA’s aggressive advocacy, campaigns and activities.
- La capacité d'écrire et de parler des langues autres que l'anglais, en particulier l'espagnol, est un plus.
Processus de demande
Les candidats doivent remplir la demande à www.naca.com.
NACA is an equal opportunity employer. Minority and bilingual individuals, particularly those who speak and write in Spanish, as well as second change applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. To follow-up and for inquiries regarding this and other positions contact NACA’s HR Department at [email protected] or call 617-250-6222 ext. 1221.
This job description is solely for descriptive purposes with NACA reserving the right to make unilateral changes to this job description including the compensation for all staff or on an individual basis. This does not constitute a contract for employment. Nothing herein shall limit NACA in its sole discretion from terminating an employee for any reason or no reason with employment on an “at-will” basis.
NACA est un employeur garantissant l'égalité des chances et offre des opportunités de seconde chance. Les minorités et les personnes bilingues, en particulier celles qui parlent espagnol, sont fortement encouragées à postuler.
Cette description de poste est uniquement à des fins descriptives et ne constitue pas un contrat de travail.