(Houston, TX) An afternoon of family fun combines with creating a stronger community as NACA announces its first-ever Community Day Out, happening Saturday, April 10th from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm at Greater Harvest Church, 4433 Reed Road, Houston, TX 77051, in the Sunnyside Community.
The NACA Day Out will be a fun day in the community for everyone with food, music and a variety of activities happening in a kid-friendly environment. More importantly, a wide variety of important community resources will be participating in the Community Day Out.
NACA National Director Angeanette Thibodeaux noted, “This first Community Day Out is taking place in the Sunnyside area where some of the most needed resources are often unavailable. We have many Elected Officials, Community Leaders and Social/Economic Justice Leaders and Activists coming to the event to work directly with members of the community. This will be community engagement at its best.”
Among the resources available :
- Hiring Booth: NACA is actively hiring in Houston and around the country!
- Housing Assistance: People needing help with rent, mortgage or utility payments can apply on-site
- Community Taskforce: Formation of a NAC (Neighborhood Action Committee) to bring issues and the need for key infrastructure and resources to elected officials and other community leaders.
- Voter Registration: Register to vote on the spot or verify your existing registration.
- COVID Testing: Free COVID-19 testing and information on where and how to get vaccinated
- Free Refreshments
- Food Trucks
- Family Friendly Environment
- DJ / Music
NACA, the nation’s largest HUD certified, non-profit housing and community advocacy organization, is inviting all community leaders, residents, organizations, churches and businesses to the Community Day Out for the sole purpose of discussing and finding solutions the issues and concerns that Sunnyside residents face each day.
Thibodeaux continued, “This isn’t just a one-time happening. We will be taking the Community Day out to other parts of the Houston area every couple of weeks so that our communities can be better connected, have better access to resources and be more clearly heard by those we have chosen to lead our communities. We will also be expanding the Community Day Out to other cities, such as Atlanta, Georgia and Charlotte, North Carolina in the next few weeks.”
Social Distancing will be strictly enforced at the Community Day Out. Masks will be required for all participants and PPE will be provided for those who need it.