SALARY RANGE: $60,000 – $75,000
LOCATION: Nationwide in NACA local office. NACA Headquarters – Boston, MA preferred
CONTACT: [email protected]
BENEFITS: Excellent single/family health, vision and dental PPO, 70% employer contribution and 401(k)
SOCIAL MEDIA SPECIALIST
NACA is hiring Social Media Specialists with a focus on both the English and Spanish speaking networks. This can be one person or different individuals. NACA has over three million members nationwide and is well positioned to effectively utilize social media in support of its mission of fighting for economic justice. Social media is crucial to increase NACA’s presence, improve its on-line reputation, encourage participation in NACA campaigns, and increase participation in its predatory campaign initiatives. With the already strong demand for NACA’s program, social marketing and advertising is an important part of the online strategy while also working on-line with individuals, influencers, discussions and follow-up from those connections.
NACA is looking for a driven, creative individual with extensive experience and passion for creating compelling content and cultivating a wide audience through social media. This individual will be influential in both developing and utilizing marketing assets to help engage NACA membership and shape NACA’s public image. The individual will highlight and publicize the good work that NACA does, while at the same time making sure the best possible customer service and information is provided to participants.
A successful candidate will:
- Become a NACA advocate in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Raise awareness of NACA and its mission by developing, organizing, and publishing engaging content across social media channels, including both written communication and photo/video.
- Map out and implement a comprehensive marketing and outreach strategy, and develop a process that proactively provides meaningful and positive online interactions, and monitors trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Identify areas of concern and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding NACA and report notable trends, including risks or strategic threats.
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media campaigns, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns.
A successful candidate will be responsible for the administration of NACA’s social media outreach and marketing. Administration includes but is not limited to:
- Collaborate with NACA leadership to develop and execute a strategy that enhances NACA’s online presence and advance its mission of homeownership advocacy, economic justice and building strong and stable neighborhoods and communities.
- Foster online engagement of NACA across social media channels and NACA’s website and forums.
- Contribute to printed materials and publications, including workbooks, presentations, blog posts, press releases, marketing assets, and social media.
- Oversee and reinforce the consistency of NACA branding, design and messaging.
- Development of brand awareness and online reputation.
- Content management.
- Increase participation in targeted markets.
Day-to-day activities include but are not limited to:
- Create applicable content that reaches NACA’s target customers and audience.
- Develop, enhance and manage all published content (images, video and written).
- Observe and answer to users while promoting participation.
- Develop and increase outreach efforts.
- Oversee design (i.e.: Posts, Reels, Stories, Shorts, Timeline covers, profile pics, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, , Blog, etc.).
- Design, create and manage promotions / campaigns.
- Manage efforts in building online reviews and reputation.
- Monitor online reviews and respond to each review.
- Analyze key metrics and adjust strategy as needed.
Other Activities and Requirements
- Assist in outreach activities focused on low- and moderate-income communities, churches, job sites, events, etc.
- Participate in regular trainings.
- Participate in NACA events and campaigns.
- Other duties as assigned.
Advocacy in Support of NACA’s Mission
Participate in advocacy campaigns as needed. NACA continues its aggressive advocacy in fighting for economic justice for low to moderate income and people of color by addressing the racial wealth disparity gap and other issues. Employment with NACA requires ongoing participation in NACA’s advocacy, campaigns, outreach, community organizing, and other activities as determined by NACA. This includes supporting and actively promoting NACA’s tactics and mission of fighting for economic justice. This is also important for NACA’s continued success and in expanding NACA’s purchase and other programs. NACA staff have a tremendous impact on the Members and communities they serve. For more information about NACA or its history and programs, visit www.naca.com.
The Social Media Specialist must be able to meet the demands of the job that consists of 50+ hours a week. This is a demanding position requiring dedication and the willingness and ability to work long hours including evenings and weekends. Some national travel is expected.
This is an exempt position with salary range between $60,000 and $75,000 based on experience & skills.
NACA seeks leaders with a positive and open attitude, a strong work ethic and relentless commitment to success with attention to detail and ability to meet aggressive deadlines and ambitious goals. S/he is expected to have a high level of core competencies and skills included in one’s personal characteristics and professional experiences in the following areas: communication, organizational skills, professional skills, professionalism, customer service, time management, positive leadership, computer skills and being mission-driven. The Core Competencies & Skills are described in detail at www.naca.com.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree – Required.
- Educational background in Social Media marketing, communications, business, new media or public relations – Preferred
- Training and certifications that demonstrate important knowledge and credentials – Preferred.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
Specific requirements include:
- Significant experience in many of the following areas: sourcing and managing content development, publishing, traditional marketing, digital marketing, photo/video editing and production.
- Able to perform in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
- Experience with photo and video production, editing and cataloging.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, X, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Familiarity with SEO and online/digital marketing.
- Ability to create and maintain blogging relevant to affordable lending and NACA’s mission.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud, Photoshop, In Design, Canva, and graphic design work.
- Ability to write and speak both English and Spanish – Preferred.
Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
NACA is an equal opportunity employer. Minority and those who speak and write in Spanish, as well as second change applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. To follow-up and for inquiries regarding this and other positions contact NACA’s HR Department at [email protected].
This job description is solely for descriptive purposes with NACA reserving the right to make unilateral changes to this job description. This does not constitute a contract for employment with employment at NACA on an “at-will” basis.
NACA is the preeminent non-profit homeownership and advocacy organization in the country. Founded in 1988, NACA has won campaigns against some of the country’s most powerful companies and individuals engaged in predatory and discriminatory lending. NACA’s success is a result of its relentless confrontational advocacy as well as state of the art systems and operations. NACA is well positioned for the future with more than $20 billion from major lenders, of which $15 billion is from Bank of America, to fund its extraordinary mortgage.
NACA has more than three million Members and 47 offices. NACA has established an outstanding record of success over four decades for its effective operations and aggressive advocacy against predatory and discriminatory lenders. NACA stands out in the following areas:
- Provides the best mortgage in America with no down payment, no closing costs, no fees, no mortgage insurance, at a below market fixed rate without consideration of one’s credit score;
- Is the largest and most effective HUD approved counseling organization;
- Has been on the forefront of fighting against abusive and discriminatory lending practices; and
- Saved more than 500,000 homeowners with an unaffordable mortgage from foreclosure during the mortgage crisis.