The Accounting Department is responsible for financial reporting and the general ledger management of NACA and its affiliates. Staff accountants are responsible for financial reporting, payroll, accounts payable, and other accounting functions. Financial reporting responsibilities include the completion of all monthly and standard journal entries and computing monthly allocations and depreciation. Account payable responsibilities include review and processing of bills, vendors, checks, credit cards, ACH deposits, reimbursements, closings and other projects.
The Junior Accountant reports directly to and is supervised by the Accounting Director. All experience levels are encouraged to apply.
Payable processing responsibilities include:
- Post bills and check requests; prepare check runs; prepare and mail checks, submit positive pay data to the bank
- Setup payments as ACH in lieu of checks
- Setup new vendors and maintain the AP files in accounting software
- Prepare credit applications for new vendors/accounts as necessary
- Investigate and resolve problems
- Process rental payments
- Review benefit invoices
Company credit card reconciliation responsibilities include:
- Manage credit card processing
- Expense reimbursement processing and payment
- Obtain supporting documentation as needed
- Ensure compliance with travel and expense reimbursement policy
- Handle bank reconciliations
- Maintain and organize cash receipts
- Process credit & membership refunds
- Work with staff accountant to train as backup
- Assists in annual audit by preparing assigned reports or providing documentation as directed by supervisor.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Associate’s/ Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field – Preferred
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Accounting skills and demonstrated ability to apply sound judgment and analytics within the position scope and decision-making responsibility.
- Knowledge of nonprofit accounting preferred.
- Experience in Accounts Payable – Preferred
- Experience in bookkeeping for a multi-site organization preferred.
- Experience with accounting software programs preferable knowledge of the Intacct software.
- Strong PC Skills (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to create and maintain systems that enhance organizational efficiency.
- Ability to work in a high-volume atmosphere and ability to meet deadlines in a timely fashion.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; flexible, able to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed.
- Ability to write and speak languages other than English, particularly Spanish, is a plus.
NACA seeks leaders with a positive and open attitude, a strong work ethic and relentless commitment to success with attention to detail. Refer to Core Competencies & Skills for details.
Headquarters – Boston Massachusetts
The Junior Accountant must be able to meet the demands of the job that consists of 50+ hours a week.
The salary range is between $40,000 and $55,000+ based on experience, skills, degrees and certifications.
Comprehensive package: single/family health, vision, dental, 401(k) and more.
To follow-up and for inquiries regarding this and other positions contact NACA’s HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-250-6222 ext. 1221.
NACA is an equal opportunity employer and provides second chance opportunities. Minorities and bilingual people, particularly those who speak Spanish, are strongly encouraged to apply.
This job description is solely for descriptive purposes and does not constitute a contract for employment.